Here’s what we think you should pack for a trip in the sun:
- Travel insurance documents
- Tickets/booking confirmations – flights, accommodation etc.
- Bank cards, foreign currency and maybe a travel money card.
- Sweatshirt/cardigan/light jacket for cool evenings (can be worn to travel in)
- Scarf/overshirt – can be used for warmth in the evenings or as a cover-up after the beach
- Trousers x 1 (can be worn to travel in)
- Closed-toe shoes (can be worn to travel in)
- Sun hat (can be worn to travel in, to avoid damage)
- Shorts x 2
- Day tops x 4
- Lightweight evening outfits x 5 – non-crease dresses or shirts
- Swimwear x 2
- Underwear x 7 – these take up little room, so there is no need to cut back on such essentials!
- Flip flops/sandals
- Socks x 3 – only if your closed-toe shoes require them
- Nightwear x 1
Toiletries and Medication
- Toothbrush and a small tube of toothpaste
- Small roll-on deodorant
- Make-up if necessary
- Small moisturiser with SPF
- Diarrhoea treatment
- Antiseptic cream
- Any personal medication
Provided by the hotel or to be bought in resort: Hair dryer; towels; shampoo; conditioner; shower gel; sun cream (very important!); after sun and bug repellent if necessary.
- Mobile phone/charger/headphones
- Travel adaptor
- Reading material
- Day bag/handbag